The school itself meets the requirements for disability access with ramps, disabled parking and audio loop.
We have recently grown from mixed classes to one form entry. This means we are able to welcome more families to our school.
The hall serves as a gym and for assemblies, and is equipped with staging for school productions. The school has its own extensive grounds, offering excellent play and sports facilities, together with a conservation area and arboretum which enable children to study environmental sciences in a secure setting.
Eaton from the air
Our School Council created our golden rules. They took suggestions from every child in the school and create a new set of rules that everyone needs to abide by to ensure our school is a safe and happy place to be:
- Always be honest by telling the truth
- Always listen to others
- Always look after property by being careful and tidy
- Always respect others by being kind, helpful and fair
- Always try your best in all you do
The teachers were then inspired by the new Golden Rules to create our new School Vision.
We aim for all the children at Eaton to always:
- feel safe and valued as part of a caring community that celebrates success.
- be independent and creative thinkers
- be learners who are able to seek solutions creatively
- inspire an ‘enquiring’ mind and actively seek and ask questions
- be confident enough to take risks in our learning
- experience and actively participate in a creative and engaging curriculum
- be able to listen and articulate responses showing consideration to others
- link ‘real life’ with our learning
- be aware of and recognise our own learning needs and plan our future steps
- develop a sense of self-esteem: supporting our own health and wellbeing
- respect the rights and beliefs of others
- make a positive contribution as part of a local and wider community
- be proud of who we are as individuals
Children, staff, parents and Governors work actively in partnership to enable all children to extend their learning and realise their full potential.
We aim for all children, staff, parents and Governors to be proud and enjoy our school because:
- we foster respect and understanding of others, the school environment and the world we live in
- we inspire enthusiasm for life-long learning through a broad and balanced curriculum
- we provide a healthy, physical, and emotionally safe environment
- we celebrate hard work, achievements and successes
- we work together to ensure the children enjoy learning and are inspired to extend their learning further
Our School Council created a new prayer:
Help us be friend who cares
Help us be a friend who shares
Help us try hard every day
And be kind and helpful in every way