Code of Behaviour
The school has five Golden rules and values. Our School Council created these Golden Rules after each class presented them with some new suggestions to update our previous rules.
- Always be honest by telling the truth
- Always respect others by being kind, polite and fair
- Always try your best in all you do
- Always listen to others
- Always look after property by being careful and tidy
In addition, each class may make up several class rules at the beginning of the year which everyone agrees will assist learning and facilitate a happy classroom environment.
There is an expectation of high standards of personal behaviour and respect for others which we hope parents/carers will encourage and support.
Children's achievements are celebrated in a special Celebration Assembly held every Friday. They do find this very motivating. Rewards also include stickers, books, team points, certificates, praise and the opportunity to share their work with other staff and children. Considerate behaviour is also noticed at break and lunch times – our Midday assistants being a very important part of the school team.
Everyone has the right to:
- Feel safe, cared for and respected
- Be able to learn to the best of his/her ability and to develop whatever skills he/she possesses
- Be treated equally irrespective of gender, race, physical characteristics or any other factors
- Learn and play without disruption.
Everyone is expected to:
- Be responsible for their own behaviour
- Respect the rights of others.
We will not accept bullying, whether verbal or physical; it has no place in our school. We ask for all parents and pupils to help us by reporting immediately any incidents so that we can deal firmly and fairly with any bullies, involving parents if appropriate.
Below is a link to our Behaviour Policy: